Harnessing Internet potential to build a community for dentists
- Quote: to follow the path that others have laid before you is a reasonable course of action; therefore, all progress is made by unreasonable men.
- DentalTown is the type of entrepreneurial organization which fosters and encourages collaboration and individual and/or group innovation.
- There is a great advantage in giving dentsits the capabilities that DentalTown gives its members, such as file sharing and peer-to-peer learning: “The point of the matter is that by joining in conversations and finding like[-minded] individuals, by joining various groups for discussion, and by being assisted in identifying apps/software or purchasing issues, or upgrading your software systems or practice management, […] you are not reliant solely on a sales-rep that is there to sell you by competitive analysis. You have the benefit of people who have been in the trenches.”
- Organizations, such as CDA should be looking at: Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing.
- Forming: Getting the professional team together and watching the leaders emerge.
- Storming: members of the profession figure out what their roles are and begin to balance the “me” with the “we.”
- Norming: the team tackles one goal and shares a mutual plan at each stage.
- Performing: team leadership is competent, autonomous and will be available and able to work throughout whatever issues/problems.
Listen to Dr. Ken Serota’s interview
Visit our Podcasts Page to download the audio interview
Do you have any particular question on this topic? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Post a reply” below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.