Liquid Saliva Biopsy for Cancer Detection with Dr. David Wong
Dr. David Wong spoke with Dr. John O’Keefe about a new saliva diagnostic tool that helps detect cancer cells in 10 minutes.
Dr. David T.W. Wong DMD, DMSc is Felix & Mildred Yip Endowed Professor, Associate Dean of Research and Director of the Oral/Head and Neck Oncology Research Center at UCLA. Dr. Wong is an active scientist in oral cancer and saliva diagnostics research. He has authored over 280 peer reviewed scientific publications. He is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS), past member of the ADA Council of Scientific Affairs and the past president of American Association of Dental Research (AADR).
- UCLA School of Dentistry Saliva Diagnostics website
- Saliva Knowledge Database
- EFIRM INtended Clinical Context of Use and Prototyope (PPT)
- Noninvasive Saliva-based EGFR Gene Mutation Detection in Patients with Lung Cancer. Journal of Respiratory and Critical care Medicine. Vol 190, No 10, November 2014
- The Landscape of MicroRNA, Piwi-Interacting RNA, and Circular RNA in Human Saliva. Clinical Chemistry 61:1, November 2014.
Defining salivary diagnostics
Video courtesy of UCLA School of Dentistry Saliva Diagnostics Lab