Conversation with Dr. Sree Koka: How Do You Attract and Retain Patients?
Dr. Sree Koka spoke to Dr. John O’Keefe and a live audience about attracting and retaining new patients based on his experience starting a prosthodontic practice from scratch.
- Have a vision of what YOU want your practice to be.
- Remain true to your own value systems and surround yourself with team member that share them.
- The 1st appointment is very important in making an impression on a patient.
- Patients want to know their dental practitioner is confident. competent and professional.
- Updated knowledge and technology within the office.
- Comfort level in speaking to and answering the patient’s questions as well as those of family members.
- Refer to experience related to the patient’s needs/treatment.
- Comfort level in the presence of other healthcare providers (assistants, hygienists, physicians etc.).
- Tailor your messaging to the patient, his/her personality and generation.
- Know and understand the demographics your practice serves.
- Tailor your marketing so that you find them or they find you where they search.
- Provide the “experience” your patient pool expects.
- Online reviews can be an important source of referrals.
- Manage your online reviews and contact the dissatisfied patients privately to see how their experience(s) could have been improved.
- Network and build relationships with colleagues and other like-minded individuals.
- Consider creating a video or material that introduces the doctor(s)/team to the patient before arrival to the office.
- Understand that there may be instances where the fit between patient and practitioner may be poor and the patient may need to seek care elsewhere.
- Patients’ Perspectives on Ideal Physician Behaviors
- When patient-centred care is worth doing well: informed consent or shared decision-making
Full Interview (52.48″)