This post was prepared in collaboration with Kuraray
On an experimental basis, we have asked a limited number of companies to provide us with practical “How To” answers to clinical questions. We were prompted to conduct this experiment when dental team members told us that they visit company websites and consult company representatives for practical clinical information. We look forward to receiving your feedback on this experiment.
This next generation of the original PANAVIA SA Cement offers stronger shear bond strengths; faster light-curing time; and room temperature storage. Its EASY CLEANUP reduces the risk of gingival trauma, making it deal for indirect procedures..
PANAVIA SA Cement Plus has been developed for cementing indirect restorations made of metal, all-ceramic (zirconia), hybrid ceramics and composites. This self-adhesive resin cement does not require phosphoric acid treatment or any special primer or adhesive for bonding to tooth structure. Obtaining a strong, durable bond to zirconia can be challenging. PANAVIA SA Cement Plus, with its high concentration of the original MDP, bonds to zirconia chemically, as well as micromechanically. Bond strengths are virtually unaffected by the dryness or wetness of the tooth structure. It also contains a new Radical Amplifier, which increases the rate of polymerization, shortens the light-curing time, and increases the bond strength.
- Faster light-curing time (10 seconds)
- Exceptional handling
- Easy clean-up of excess cement
- Original MDP technology
- Bonds to Zirconia without a separate primer
- Very low technique sensitivity – consistent bond strength to overly dry and wet dentin/enamel
- High bond strength, including zirconia & alumina
- Good marginal sealing
- Low solubility and low film thickness, for optimal Cementation
- Simple to use due to self-adhesive – no primers, silane or bonding agents needed
- Room temperature storage with a stable 3-year shelf-life
- NEW translucent shade available for optimum esthetics
- Cementation of crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays made of conventional porcelain, ceramic, hybrid ceramics, composite resin
- Metal cementation of metal cores, resin cores, metal posts or glass-fiber posts & Maryland Bridges
- Can be used for amalgam bonding
PANAVIA SA Cement Plus is a self-adhesive; self-etch; fluoride-releasing dual-cure resin cement available in both automix and handmix versions.