Dr. Viraj Vora speaks to Dr. John O’Keefe about how to avoid pitfall in endodontics. This is important to keep patient satisfaction high and practitioner stress levels low.
- Good diagnosis of the patient’s problem and treatment planning is essential
- Proper case selection is also important for success
- Send appropriate cases to an endodontic specialist
- Avoid cases that will be unsuccessful that may lead to patient retention or litigation issues in the future
- Know your own level of expertise and your limitations – be honest with yourself
- Remember that patients gather information from various sources (friends, colleagues and internet searches)