CARDP Roundtable – Applying Silver Diamine Fluoride
Given concerns over new infection control protocols brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, dentists across Canada are considering viable alternatives to aerosol generating procedures. One such alternative is Silver Diamine Fluoride.
In this edition of CARDP Roundtable, Dr. Les Ennis shares his experience of using Silver Diamine Fluoride in his practice, and fields questions on its uses and benefits from Dr. Deb Schwartz, Dr. Shammick Kotecha and Dr. John O’Keefe.
We hope you find the conversation useful. We welcome your thoughts, questions and/or suggestions about this post and other topics. Leave a comment in the box below or send us your feedback by email.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team
Links suggested by Panelists
- Minimally Invasive Treatment for Molar Incisor Hypomineralization
- SMART Filling with Advantage Arrest SDF Silver Diamine Fluoride and GIC
- UCSF Protocol for Caries Arrest Using Silver Diamine Fluoride: Rationale, Indications and Consent (Page 17)
- Pulp response to high fluoride releasing glass ionomer, silver diamine fluoride, and calcium hydroxide used for indirect pulp treatment: An in-vivo comparative study
- Caries: A Question of Balance and Process
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) current evidence for the management of dental caries
- Silver diamine fluoride (Wikipedia, Eng)