Endodontic Treatment Prognosis for Cracked Teeth
By Dr. Carolyn Boyd
- Long-term studies examining the treatment outcomes of “cracked teeth” that received orthograde root canal treatment in the United States do not exist.
- The purpose of the present study was to examine the distribution and 1-year treatment outcomes of cracked teeth receiving orthograde root canal treatment in 1 private endodontic practice over a 25-year period.
- The 3 factors most significant in bivariate analyses were pocket depth, distal marginal ridge crack, and periapical diagnosis, which were used to generate a prognostic index for success of orthograde root canal therapy in cracked teeth called the Iowa Staging Index.
- The results of this study suggest that cracked teeth that received root canal treatment can have prognoses at higher success rates than previously reported. The Iowa Staging Index may prove to be useful in clinical treatment decision making.
The content is displayed in a PowerPoint Presentation that you can easily follow at your own pace. You can download the document in PPT, PDF or watch the video of the presentation.
- Endodontic Treatment Prognosis for Cracked Teeth (PPT)
- Endodontic Treatment Prognosis for Cracked Teeth (PDF)
We hope you you find the information helpful. We always look forward to hearing your thoughts and receiving your questions and/or suggestions about this post and other topics. Leave a comment in the box below or send us your feedback by email.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team