At a meeting held in May 2019, the RCDSO Council approved changes to College by-laws that will make administering minimal sedation more flexible for dentists going forward.
In June 2019, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) released information about what changes have been made in their Dispatch News.
In this crosspost, we’re sharing that information to help spread the word for Ontario dentists.
What has changed?
As of April 1, 2020:
- Dentists administering minimal sedation, including nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation and oral minimal sedation must have authorization from the College to do so.
- Individual authorization only is required. A facility permit is not required to administer minimal sedation.
- Authorization will be provided through an online process and you will be asked to provide information about your training, competency and history of providing minimal sedation.
- All authorized providers of minimal sedation will be subject to random selection for onsite inspections and evaluation by the College.
When can you register?
- Online annual registration through the Member Resource Centre will be available during the summer of 2019.
- You will receive an email from the College notifying you when registration is available.
- Once available, we encourage you to renew well in advance of the April 1, 2020 deadline.
Leave a comment about this post in the box below, send your feedback by email or call us at 1-855-716-2747.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team