Oasis Case Conference – management of the failed root canal treatment on 16
The management of this case is provided by Dr. Mary Dabuleanu from Dabuleanu Dental
A CDA Oasis Case Conferences is a two-part presentation of a clinical case. In Part 1, we invite you to watch the short video of the case and provide comments about a possible diagnosis and treatment. You will also have the opportunity of submitting any questions you might have related to the case*. In Part 2, the case presenter shows how the case was managed and answers key questions.
* When you submit comments and questions in conjunction with Part 1 of the case conference, they do not go live on the Oasis Discussions website. They are received and moderated by the Oasis Team . Summaries of the comments are compiled and posted in the second part of the case presentation and key questions will be forwarded to the clinical presenter for consideration.
Case Management Presentation
Summary of Feedback
Click here to view a summary of the feedback and comments that we received for the diagnosis of the clinical case. We would like to thank all our dentists who submitted their responses to this case.
- de Chevigny C, Dao, Basrani, Marquis, Frazaneh, Abitbol, Friedman. Treatment outcome in endodontics: Toronto Study: Phases 3 and 4: orthograde retreatment. 2008 Feb 34(2) 131-7
- Schilder, H. Filling Root Canals in Three Dimensions. JOE 2006 April; 32 (4): 281-290.
- Wu MK, Wesselink PR, Walton RE. Apical Terminus Location of Root Canal Procedures. OOOOE 2000 Jan; 89 (1): 99-103.
- Cleghorn BM, Christie WH, Dong CS. Root and Root Canal Morphology of the Human Maxillary First Molar: A literature Review. JOE 2006 Sept; 32 (9): 813-821.
- Buhrley LJ, Barrows MJ, BeGole EA, Wenckus, CS. Effect of Magnification in locating the MB2 canal in maxillary molars. JOE 2002 Apr;28(4):324-7.
- Wolcott J, Ishley D, Kennedy W, Johnson S, Minnich S, Meyers J. A 5 year clinical investigation of second mesiobuccal canals in endodontically treated and retreated maxilary molars. JOE 2005 April 31(4): 262-4