How do I manage a necrotic tooth with unstoppable drainage?
This Urgent Care Scenario (USC) is presented by the JCDA Oasis Team in collaboration with Dr. Brian Jafine. The USC is also available through the Oasis Help system
- Imura N, Zuolo ML. Factors associated with endodontic flare-ups: a prospective study. Int Endod J. 1995;28(5):261-5.
- Morse DR, Koren LZ, Esposito JV, Goldberg JM, Belott RM, Sinai IH, et al. Asymptomatic teeth with necrotic pulps and associated periapical radiolucencies: relationship of flare-ups to endodontic instrumentation, antibiotic usage and stress in three separate practices at three different time periods. Int J Psychosom. 1986;33(1):5-87.
- Walton R, Fouad A. Endodontic interappointment flare-ups: a prospective study of incidence and related factors. J Endod. 1992;18(4):172-7.
- Harrington GW, Natkin E. Midtreatment flare-ups. Dent Clin North Am. 1992;36(2):409-23.
- Harrison JW, Gaumgartner JC, Svec TA. Incidence of pain associated with clinical factors during and after root canal therapy. Part 1. Interappointment pain. J Endod. 1983;9:384.
- Fabricius L, Dahlén G, Sundqvist G, Happonen RP, Möller AJ. Influence of residual bacteria on periapical tissue healing after chemomechanical treatment and root filling of experimentally infected monkey teeth. Eur J Oral Sci. 2006;11(4):278-85.
- Seltzer S, Bender IB, Ziontz M. The dynamics of pulp inflammation: correlations between diagnostic data and actual histologic findings in the pulp. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1963;16:846-71.
- Tsesis I, Faivishevsky V, Fuss Z, Zukerman O. Flare-ups after endodontic treatment: a meta-analysis of literature. J Endod. 2008;34(10):1177-81.
- Torabinejad M, Kettering JD, McGraw JC, Cummings RR, Dwyer TG, Tobias TS. Factors associated with endodontic interappointment emergencies of teeth with necrotic pulps. J Endod. 1988;14(5):261-6.
Do you need further information related to this subject? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
Your are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Leave a reply“ below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.