Mind Your Financial Wellbeing
New and seasoned dentists are bound to make financial decisions. Today, with help from David Chong Yen and Eugene Chu, professional chartered accountants at DCY, we’re providing you with tips and information for new dental graduates about managing debt and cultivating long-term financial wellbeing.
In this conversation, Chiraz talks with David and Eugene about:
- Understanding and managing various student loan programs.
- Debt repayment requirements and options, including government student loans.
- Interest rate and grace period changes coming to government student loan programs effective November 1, 2019.
- What new dentists need to know about interest free periods.
- Assessing your debts and deciding which ones to repay first (bad debt vs. good debt).
- Tax deductions and student loans.
- Confirming the parameters of a loan with your lender/banking institution.
- Paying for and attending CE courses during your early career.
- How to plan for future purchases i.e., a car or home during or after the debt repayment process.
- Eliminating student debt before buying your first practice (special considerations).
- The importance of filing a tax return while in dental school.
We want to hear from you!
Leave a comment about this post in the box below, send your feedback by email or call us at 1-855-716-2747.
Until next time!
Chiraz Guessaier, CDA Oasis Manager
Oasis Moment/Preview (1.46″)