Timothy Brown, CEO of ROI Corp, gives us highlights of the 2017 market review as they relate to general dental practices in major centres in Canada.
- When looking at practice statistics in terms of gross or the amount the practice sold as a percentage of its gross billings:
- Highest gross in 2016 was 227% compared to 190% in 2017 (a difference of 37%)
- Lowest gross in 2017 was 65% for a practice in rural Western Canada
- Low gross in the GTA 86% (due to extenuating circumstances)
- Looking at the amount a practice sold as percentage of its net income:
- Low net (cash flow) 131% for a very remote rural practice
- High net was 365% for an attractive location in downtown Toronto
While market peak seems to have occurred, the demand of practices still remains high given the multitude of buyers.
Full Video (4.31″)