Dr. Jeff Glaizel is a General Dentist in Toronto and Consumer Innovation and Development Lead with Ontario Telemedicine Network. He spoke with Dr. John O’Keefe about the road to implementing telemedicine and how that may mean change for dentistry too.
- Technology is advancing at a fast pace and there are many technological solutions that we don’t know how to use.
- The main drivers that are moving telemedicine fast:
- Patients want the ease of access to their doctors
- The cost of healthcare delivery
- The demand for physicians’ services
- Associations need to get ready for big data, namely large amounts of clinical and technical solutions that are stored in each dental office’s management system that the dental associations are not benefitting from.
- Analytics could be used by associations to help develop reports for dentists to improve their practice.