The Manitoba Dental Foundation was established in 2015 and it is the center of philanthropy for Manitoba dentists.
The Manitoba Dental Foundation serves as the unified centre of professional philanthropy for the dentists of Manitoba
- Providing dental services to the underserved, poor, or populations and communities with limited access to dental care;
- Improving the dental health of long-term care institutionalized populations in Manitoba;
- Providing dental outreach education programs for the underserved, and populations or communities with limited access to dental care;
- Encouraging Manitobans to choose dentistry as a career option;
- Supporting educational institutions or other agencies in research projects that would have a direct impact to the practice of dentistry;
- Supporting education of dental students and dentists in Manitoba;
- Promoting volunteerism as it relates to any of the above.
Watch the Video Interview
Dr. Nancy Auyeung is general practice dentist, a graduate from the University of Manitoba, Class of 1992. She and her husband have a private dental practice in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Dr. Auyeung complements her practice in dentistry with service in the Manitoba Dental Association as their current 2015 President, a part-time clinical instructor at the College of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, and is involved with the National Dental Examining Board, Equivalency Process. In addition to pursuing her dental interests, she enjoys her time at the family cottage, skiing and baking anything with chocolate.