How do I register for the new CDA member service e-Referral?
Step by Step Instructions
- Visit www.eReferralService.com
- Click on “Register”
- Select your position by clicking on “Register as a Dentist” or “Register as Office Staff”
- Office staff simply fill in and submit the form to complete their registration; Dentists continue with the following steps
- Select your responsibility by selecting “Health Information Custodian” or “Agent”
- Fill in and submit the form.
Who is a Health Information Custodian?
In the majority of cases the/an owner of the office is the health information custodian. The health information custodian is responsible for the personal health information in the offices custody or control and must take steps to fulfill that responsibility as outlined by PIPEDA or the Substantially Similar Provincial Legislation that may exist in their province. Health Information Custodians are responsible for administering which dentists and office staff are permitted to be agents that can work on their behalf in a given office. Each office must have a Health Information Custodian registered in the eReferral System for their agent to be able to create cases and be referred cases on their behalf.
Who is an agent?
An agent is any other Dentist (Associate or Co-Owner) who is authorized by the Health Information Custodian to collect, use, disclose, retain or dispose of personal health information on the Health Information Custodian’s behalf.
For more information
- Website: www.ereferralservice.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/eReferralService
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/cdaereferral
- Call Center: 1-866-788-1212 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST)
- Live Chat support is available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST