After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Distinguish medicinal marijuana (Cannabis sativa) from recreational marijuana and the use of hemp.
- Discuss pharmaceutical drug development from the marijuana plant and its potential applications in dental treatment.
- Summarize the science concerning the best clinical research evidence for use of marijuana in the treatment of oral disease.
- Identify the current status of legalization of marijuana for medicinal and recreational use and its impact on healthcare systems.
- Review oral health care considerations specifically affecting patients who currently use marijuana.