How to Avoid Common Endodontic Pitfalls in General Practice
Dr. Viraj Vora speaks to Dr. John O’Keefe about how to avoid pitfall in endodontics. This is important to keep patient satisfaction high and practitioner stress levels low.
- Good diagnosis of the patient’s problem and treatment planning is essential
- Proper case selection is also important for success
- Send appropriate cases to an endodontic specialist
- Avoid cases that will be unsuccessful that may lead to patient retention or litigation issues in the future
- Know your own level of expertise and your limitations – be honest with yourself
- Remember that patients gather information from various sources (friends, colleagues and internet searches)