A Refresher of Dental Adhesive Systems
By Dr. Carolyn Boyd
- There are 2 adhesive strategies of contemporary dental adhesive systems to bond to enamel and dentin. Strategies can be accomplished in 1 to 3 steps.
- Resin acidity and hydrophilicity increase the susceptibility for degradation of the adhesive interface; altered forms of enamel and dentin can negatively affect bonding to enamel and dentin.
- Adhesive interfaces are susceptible to biodegradation.
- Degradation includes interaction with the dental biofilm, active bacterial enzymes, and activation of endogenous enzymes.
- Some restorative strategies that might influence the long-term outcome of the dynamic tooth adhesive–interface are summarized.
The content is displayed in a PowerPoint Presentation that you can easily follow at your own pace. You can download the document in PPT, PDF or watch the video of the presentation.
We hope you you find the information helpful. We always look forward to hearing your thoughts and receiving your questions and/or suggestions about this post and other topics. Leave a comment in the box below or send us your feedback by email.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team