CARDP 2019 Annual Meeting: Zirconia Generations: What Clinicians Need to Know
At the upcoming CARDP 2019 Dental Conference in Toronto from September 26 to 28, Dr. Taiseer Sulaiman will be giving a presentation detailing everything clinicians need to know about the dental material: Zirconia. Today, he’s back on CDA Oasis to give our viewers a glimpse into his session during the CARDP annual meeting.
About Dr. Taisser Sulaiman
Dr. Sulaiman, DDS, PhD, is the Director of the Operative Dentistry and Biomaterials Division at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his clinical certificate in Operative Dentistry and completed his PhD in Dental Materials from the Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterial Sciences from the University of Turku in Finland in collaboration with the Department of Operative Dentistry, University of North Carolina.
Dr. Sulaiman is a clinician and a researcher with an interest in bridging gaps between dental research and its clinical application. Dr. Sulaiman’s research focus is on dental ceramics, adhesion, cements, color and appearance in dentistry and biomimetics. He is a member of numerous academies including the IADR/AADR, Academy of Operative Dentistry, the Society of Color and Appearance in Dentistry and the American Dental Association.
We want to hear from you!
Leave a comment about this post in the box below, send your feedback by email or call us at 1-855-716-2747.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team
During this short conversation, Dr. Sulaiman answers the following questions:
- How clinicians can perceive differences in translucency?
- Is it worthwhile to switch to a Zirconia material or composite?
- How are the three Zirconia generations defined?
- Are all Zirconia restorations the same?
- What gives Zirconia it’s strength?
- How have manufacturers have improved translucency and appearance?
- What is the difference between the different brands of Zirconia?
- Do clinicians need to use different generations of Zirconia in different clinical situations?
Dr. Sulaiman’s session will take place on Friday, September 27, 2019, between 8:30 and 9:30 am.
- Fracture rate of monolithic zirconia restorations up to 5 years: A dental laboratory survey (PDF)
- Novel Zirconia Materials in Dentistry (PDF)
- Three generations of Zirconia: From veneer to monolithic. Part 1
- Three generations of Zirconia: From veneer to monolithic. Part 2
Oasis Moment/Preview (0.55″)
Full Presentation (6.57″)