View from the Chairside: What Are the Best Restorative Materials?
There are many restorative materials on the market for dentists to choose from. Whether they are composites, porcelains, gold, or chrome cobalt, dentists need efficacious materials that work for their patients.
Today, Dr. Mike Racich is back to talk about choosing materials for your patients and how to select a materials with reasonable longevity and durability.
About Dr. Mike Racich
Dr. Racich is a general dentist in Vancouver, British Columbia, and a graduate of UBC Dental School with more than 30-years’ experience. Since the late 1990’s, Dr. Racich has been mentoring his dental colleagues and does so currently via didactic and clinical study clubs, coaching, consultation, proprietary programs, and lecturing. He has also written several dental articles in peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed publications, and authored three books.
We want to hear from you!
Leave a comment about this post in the box below, send your feedback by email or call us at 1-855-716-2747.
Until next time!
CDA Oasis Team
Dr. Racich shares his expertise and knowledge to help fellow dentists select restorative materials by:
- Determining the best restorative and dental/prosthodontic materials to use.
- Talking with transparency to patients about the limitations of restorative materials.
- Understanding differences in materials (are some better than others?)
- Mixing aesthetic and composite materials for longevity.
- Preventing wear and tear on the material and prosthetics being installed for the patient.
- The importance of being a “thinking dentists” and its impact on restorative dentistry.
- Choosing materials that work for you as a dentist.
- Cultivating confidence in your own abilities and your laboratory’s ability.
- Knowing the efficacy of your materials by consulting relevant literature and research evidence.
- Knowing your own health biases as well as the patient’s health biases.
Dr. Racich also provides a brief case review of various materials installed in his practice.
Do you have a question for Dr. Racich? Email him.
Oasis Moment/Preview (1.17″)
Full Presentation (15.38″)