CDA Convention in PEI: Introduction to Laser Assisted Endodontics and Periodontics
It promises to be the event of the summer! The Dental Association of PEI is holding its joint convention with the Canadian Dental Association in Charlottetown August 22nd to 25th, 2018. A great scientific as well as social program awaits PEI guests along with a sizeable number of exhibitors who are showing their latest and brightest products and technologies.
Dr. Marina Polonsky graduated from the University of Toronto, Canada in 1999, with the Dean’s Gold Medal of Achievement, and is a member of Omega Kappa Upsilon Honour Dental Society and Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity. Since 1999, Dr. Polonsky maintains a private general practice in Ottawa, Canada, with focus on multi-disciplinary treatment utilizing lasers of different wavelengths. She is the owner of the Alta Vista Laser Dental Centre in Ottawa, Canada since 2006.
I hope you get a chance to attend the convention this summer and enjoy a memorable time in Charlottetown with your family, friends, and colleagues. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and memories with us 🙂 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time!
Chiraz Guessaier, CDA Oasis Manager
- This course is designed for the general dentist, periodontist and registered dental hygienist who want a deeper understanding in the adjunctive role of lasers in supportive, conservative and surgical periodontal therapy.
- Evidence based protocols for shallow and deep pocket therapy, LANAP vs REPAIR, open flap curettage, guided tissue regeneration, open and closed flap crown lengthening procedures, implant uncovering and peri-implantitis will be discussed in detail.
- Strengths and weaknesses of various laser wavelengths in periodontal pocket environment are evaluated.
- This course is designed for the general practitioner or endodontist who want to learn evidence based protocols to aid with the success of their endodontic treatment, through superior laser disinfection and smear layer removal. Uses in pulp testing, primary and permanent pulp caps and pulpotomies, apexification, apical surgery, retreatment as well as initial root canal therapy will be covered.
Dr. Polonsky will lead two sessions in PEI:
- Laser-Assisted Bleaching Course Summary on August 23, 2018, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Introduction to Laser Assisted Endodontics and Periodontics on August 23, 2018, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Full Interview (9.30″)