Practice Online Presence: A Requirement or an Option?
Tamir Wolfson from myindustrybrand.com spoke to Dr. Suham Alexander about the importance and relevance of an online presence in today’s competitive dental marketplace. Having an online presence does not guarantee that a practice will see an increase in patients, however, it will make the practice more visible in online searches.
Statistics show that there are ~175 million healthcare searches online daily. Furhtermore, 81% of people use a search engine before they decide on who they will visit. In terms of ROI, if the practice is not available online then, there it is not available to capitalize on these potential opportunities.
- Online presence means actually being present and active online
- Websites are the cornerstone of online presence but, should be maintained and updated regularly
- It is a disservice to the practice to have social media accounts and not be active on a regular basis
- Websites should portray the provider/practice in a very professional light
- Building a website on your own can be done but, requires a significant investment of time which may not draw an online audience
- Security and privacy is essential so that confidential information is not at risk
- Optimize your page(s) for SEO which will help attract patients within a certain radius
Full Interview (11.36″)