This post has been developed in collaboration with Kuraray Noritake Dental.
On an experimental basis, we have asked a limited number of companies to provide us with practical “How To” answers to clinical questions. We were prompted to conduct this experiment when dental team members told us that they visit company websites and consult company representatives for practical clinical information. We look forward to receiving your feedback on this experiment.
Kuraray Noritake Dental’s CLEARFIL Universal Bond Quick universal adhesive contains the new original MDP and amide-based chemistry that provides a unique RAPID BOND TECHNOLOGY. The new amide monomer rapidly permeates dentin and enamel which eliminates waiting time during application & dramatically reduces water absorption. It also reduces technique sensitivity and application time without compromising bond strengths, sealing or desensitization (no need to worry about the application time being too short to reduce efficacy).
- New original MDP & AMIDE-based chemistry that provides a unique RAPID BOND TECHNOLOGY.
- Works on both wet and dry dentin when using the total-etch technique.
- No waiting time in both the total-etch and self-etch modes.
- Can adhere to any material w/o additional primers; no need for separate silane coupling agent when pretreating lithium disilicate restorations.
- No additional primer or activator needed when used with CLEARFIL DC Core Plus/PANAVIA SA Cement Plus, due to a special “Touch-Cure” chemistry (the bonding agent automatically becomes dual-cure when it comes into contact with either of these two products).
- Can be mixed with CLEARFIL DC Activator to become a dual-cure adhesive which can be used with any self/dual-cured resin cement or core material.
- Universal use: total, selective and self-etch techniques.
- Bonds to zirconia, metals and silica-based ceramics including lithium disilicate
- Direct restorations using light-cured composite resin
- Cavity sealing as a pretreatment for indirect restorations
- Treatment of exposed root surfaces
- Treatment of hypersensitive teeth
- Intraoral repairs of fractured restorations
- Post-cementation & core build-ups
- Cementation of inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges and veneers
CLEARFIL Universal Bond Quick can be mixed with CLEARFIL DC Activator to become a dual-cure adhesive, thereby making this product truly “universal” for all etching and restorative needs. Additionally, since it directly bonds to dentin, enamel, metals, zirconia and lithium disilicate restorative materials, it can be used with all etching techniques and light, self or dual-cure materials. Thus, offering your practice immeasurable versatility.