CADTH: Your Partner in Making Clinical Decisions
It was a real pleasure to meet Dr. Brian O’Rourke, President and CEO of CADTH (Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health). Dr. O’Rourke joined CADTH in January of 2009 following a distinguished career as a Pharmacist and Health Service Executive with the Canadian military.
I invited Dr. O’Rourke when I learned about the extensive research and evidence reviews CADTH has done in the areas of opioids and pain management. CADTH undertook this work to help answer important policy and practice questions, and the resulting reports are relevant to health care professionals across many specialties, including dentists, physicians, pharmacists and others.
In particular, CADTH’s unique evidence bundles on opioids, pain management, and dental and oral health may be important, credible resources for those working in dental policy and practice.
I learned quite a bit about the resources available on their website and I very much enjoyed my conversation with him. I hope you find it informative as well.
Chiraz Guessaier, CDA Oasis Manager
- CADTH Evidence Bundle on Pain (www.cadth.ca/pain)
- CADTH Evidence Bundle on Opioids (www.cadth.c/opioids)
- CADTH Evidence Bundle on Dental and Oral Health (www.cadth.ca/dental)
- CADTH Project in Progress: Dental Amalgams Compared With Resin Composites
- Subscribe to “New at CADTH” (www.cadth.ca/subscribe)