Anne Genge returns to speak to Dr. Suham Alexander about the impact that human error can have in a dental practice. While security and privacy issues can be circumvented by systems and software, people still have a significant touch point in the practice.
Ways in which the human element can affect the practice:
- Access – who has access? to what, from where?
- Internet – access the “wrong” sites
- Email – ransomwares, viruses, breaches of common email services (eg. Yahoo)
- Systems – updates to operating systems and applications are not installed, as required
- Backups – configuration should be verified
- Devices/Drives – unauthorized use for charging devices or copying information, potential source of viruses
- 3rd parties – access of our partners (e.g. IT support)
View the Oasis Moment
View the full video interview