CDA Oasis Conversations: The Student Professionalism and Ethics Association in Dentistry
Sanmeet Mangat, fourth-year student in the School of Dentistry at the University of Detroit Mercy, spoke with Dr. John O’Keefe about the role and mission of the Student Professionalism and Ethics Association in Dentistry.
The association is a national, student driven association that was established to promote and support students’ lifelong commitment to ethical behavior in order to benefit the patients they serve and to further the dental profession.
The objectives of the Association are:
- Act as a support system for students in strengthening their personal and professional ethics values by:
- Providing a resource for ethics education and development.
- Fostering a non-punitive, open-forum environment for ethics communication
- Promoting awareness of ethics standards and related issues within dentistry
- Collaborating with leadership of the dental profession to effectively advocate for our members