How important is it to create a good glide path for endodontic files?
The College of Dentistry at the University of Manitoba is holding a mini residency on “Incorporating Technologies to Increase your Success in Endodontics” on September 25 and 26, 2015. The two-day course includes lectures, live demonstrations and a hands-on component, all designed to educate and train general dentists on how to perform endodontic procedures with greater precision and ease.
Dr. Rodrigo Cunha, the course Director and Instructor, presents this related video on the importance of creating a good glide path for endodontic files.
- To register for the two day course, visit the University of Manitoba’s Department of Continuing Professional Development
- For more information on the two day course, click here.
- Read/Download the course brochure (PDF)
- Creating a good glide path is extremely important for shaping and disinfection of a root canal.
- A key first step is to use small hand files – # 10 hand file loose in the canal.
- After using hand files, then use the mechanized system you are used to.
- Be patient – it takes time to establish the glide path and successfully shape and disinfect a canal.
- The operator is the key to success in endodontics – not the endodontic system used.
Watch the video presentation