What are the Implications of Canada’s New Anti-Spam Law?
Dr. John O’Keefe, Director of Knowledge Networks at the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), interviewed Dean Smith, Manager, Information Technology at CDA about the implications of Canada’s new anti-spam law which will take effect on July 1st, 2014.
Watch the Video (2.43 min)
- Canada’s new anti-spam law becomes effective July 1st, 2014.
- There are 3 main provisions to the new law:
- Get consent from those you would like to send emails to.
- Disclose who you are when sending emails.
- Provide an ‘Unsubscribe’ mechanism to ensure people can stop getting messages if they wish to do so.
- Practical steps:
- Ensure you receive consent from new clients before including them in any electronic mass communication.
- Develop awareness and create a policy for your staff to ensure they know how to work with the new legislation.
Do you have any particular question on this topic? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Post a reply” below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.