World Oral Health Day by Dr. Maria Mantzourani from Johnson and Johnson
Dr. John O’Keefe, Director of Knowledge Networks at the Canadian Dental Association, interviewed Dr. Maria Mantzourani about the role of Johnson & Johnson in World Oral Health Day
Dr. Maria Mantzourani graduated in Dentistry from the University of Manchester (UK) in 2004. After working in the Community Dental Services at the London Deanery, Maria joined The Royal London Hospital as a Senior House Officer, first in Restorative Dentistry and then in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Maria was awarded Membership of The Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2006 and subsequently joined King’s College London as a Clinical Research Fellow in Restorative Dentistry. Maria was awarded her PhD in Dentistry in the summer of 2010. In 2011, she joined Johnson & Johnson and is now part of the Global Professional and Scientific Affairs group, based in the USA.
Listen to Dr. Maria Mantzourani’s interview
- Our patients need our help and our support in order to fully understand the significance of good oral health and the science behind all the tools we have to reinforce good oral heath.
- We are here today with FDI from many functions and regions to spread the word and hopefully make a difference.
- Johnson and Johnson (J&J) and FDI are partners that have the same vision and who share the same goal and that is to improve oral health worldwide.
- There is still a long way to go in terms of managing oral conditions…close to 4 billion people in the world suffer from untreated oral health conditions. We need to take advantage of every possible platform in order to get our messages across and improve oral health and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Nobody is immune to these global trends even in Canada with the availability of good oral health care. We need to reinforce the message that patients need to visit their dentists regularly not only when they suffer from disease and when they are in pain, prevention is key.
- Dental care and good and efficient oral hygiene practices are absolutely essential to every single person and we need to communicate this globally. The World Oral Health Day is an opportunity to raise awareness about oral diseases and to also describe how our products could help lead to healthy mouths and smiles.
- In Canada, there is additional support from J&J by joining the Listerine VIP Program, which is designed to provide dentists and hygienists with tools, products, and evidence-based education to help them help their patients.
Visit our Podcasts Page to download the audio interview
Do you have any particular question on this topic? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
You are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Post a reply” below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.