What are the benefits of the new CDA member service eReferral?
Dentists have asked: What are the benefits of eReferral?
eReferral Service enables dentists to share patient cases in a secure and compliant fashion. By delivering a unified system that provides the highest level of protection, the eReferral Service empowers Canadian dentists to become responsible custodians of patient information.
- Provides the ability to securely share patient cases with other healthcare professionals
- Protects dentists by meeting and exceeding record keeping guidelines and evolving privacy legislation (PIPEDA, HIPPA, RCDSO Guidelines).
- The eReferral Service makes use of information in a structured fashion. This provides dentists with the ability to create patient cases that contain the patient details, files, discussions and treatments in one place, in a consistent fashion. Referral cases created by anyone anywhere will have information organized in the same fashion. The result is a more predictable and seamless referral experience for dentists and patients.
- Provides a common system for all dentists and a standardized workflow.
- Provider Validation. The eReferral Service exclusive access ensures that the community of users within it is comprised of licensed dental professionals. Every time a dentist sends a referral to another party they can be assured it is being sent to a licensed dentist who is a member of a participating Provincial Dental Association (PDAs).
- For the referring provider the above benefits will result in improved referral quality and reduce the number of follow-ups required to supply additional information. With the ability to add comments to any case, as well as be notified when the status of a case changes; the continuity of care for patients is greatly improved.
- For the consulting provider the above benefits will reduce the risks of miscommunication from hand written forms, improve administrative efficiency via auto populated information, and improve the quality of first time visits for patients.
- With the eReferral Service your staff will be able to process referrals quickly resulting in more time for other important tasks. Transmitting everything electronically also means your office will save on stamps, paper, printer ink and film.
eReferral is a free service to members of the following provincial dental associations:
- Alberta Dental Association and College
- British Columbia Dental Association
- College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan
- Dental Association of Prince Edward Island
- Manitoba Dental Association
- New Brunswick Dental Society
- Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Association
- Northwest Territories & Nunavut Dental Association and Yukon Dental Association
- Nova Scotia Dental Association
- Ontario Dental Association
For More Information
- Website: www.ereferralservice.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/eReferralService
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/cdaereferral
- Call Center: 1-866-788-1212 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST)
- Live Chat support is available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST