How do I manage pain accompanied with dental caries in primary teeth?
This Urgent Care Scenario is presented by the JCDA Oasis Team in collaboration with Dr. Alan Milnes. It is also available on Oasis Help
Pain usually associated with a carious lesion that is obvious clinically or radiographically
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Reference Manual. Guideline on pulp therapy for primary and immature permanent teeth. Pediatr Dent. 2011; 33(6):212-9.
- Coll JA. Indirect pulp capping and primary teeth: Is the primary tooth pulpotomy out of date? Pediatr Dent. 2008;30(3):230-6.
- Coll J, Sadrian R. Predicting pulpectomy success and its relationship to exfoliation and succedaneous dentition. Pediatr Dent. 1996;18(1):57-63.
- Huth K, Paschos E, Hajik-Al-Khatar N, Hollweck R, Crispin A, et al. Effectiveness of 4 pulpotomy techniques: randomized controlled trial. J Dent Res. 2005;84(12):1144-8.
- Ozalp N, Saroglu I, Sönmez H. Evaluation of various root canal filling materials in primary molar pulpectomies. Amer J Dent. 2005;18(6):347-50.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Reference Manual. Guideline on pediatric restorative dentistry. Pediatr Dent. 2011;33(6):205-11.
Do you need further information on this topic? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Leave a reply“ below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.