How do I treat a primary tooth intrusion?
This Urgent Care Scenario is presented by the JCDA Oasis Team in collaboration with Dr. Jennifer MacLellan. It is also available on Oasis Help
Intruded primary incisor following a traumatic injury
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. AAPD Reference Manual. Guidelines on management of acute dental trauma. [Revised 2011; accessed 2013 Mar 5]. Available:www.aapd.org/media/Policies_Guidelines/G_Trauma.pdf
- The University Hospital of Copenhagen and IADT. The dental trauma guide. [Accessed 2013 Mar 5]. Available from:www.dentaltraumaguide.org/Primary_Intrusion_Description.aspx
- Holan G, Ram D, Fuks A. The diagnostic value of lateral extraoral radiography for intruded maxillary primary incisors. Pediatr Dent. 2002;24(1):38-42.
- Holan G, McTigue D. Introduction to dental trauma: Managing traumatic injuries in the primary dentition. In: Pinkham JR, Casamassimo PS, Fields HW Jr, McTigue DJ, Nowak A, eds. Pediatric Dentistry: Infancy through Adolescence. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mo: Elsevier Saunders; 2005. p. 236-56.
- Flores M, Malmgren B, Andersson L, Andreason JO, Bakland K, Barnett F, et al. Guidelines for the management of traumatic dental injuries. III. Primary teeth. Dent Traumatol.2007;23(4):196-202.
- Holan G, Ram D. Sequelae and prognosis of intruded primary incisors: a retrospective study. Pediatr Dent. 1999;21:242-7.
- von Arx T. Developmental disturbances of permanent teeth following trauma to the primary dentition. Austr Dent J. 1993;38(1):1-10.
Do you need further information on this topic? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your are invited to comment on this post and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Leave a reply“ below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.