This summary is based on the Rapid Response Report developed by the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health: High dose and watchful dosing of benzodiazepines: a review of the safety and guidelines
- No “watchful dose” for benzodiazepines was identified.
- Benzodiazepines may be used in higher than 10 mg diazepam-equivalent doses in some circumstances, but data were limited.
- What is the clinical evidence for safety of high-dose (>10 mg diazepam equivalent) benzodiazepine use?
- What is the clinical evidence regarding the safety of different watchful doses of benzodiazepines?
- What are the evidence-based guidelines regarding watchful dosing or high-dose of benzdiazepines?
The JCDA Oasis Team is collaborating with the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health to provide you with the latest clinical information.
Do you need further information related to this subject? Do you have any comments or suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
Readers are invited to comment on this initial response and provide further insights by posting in the comment box which you will find by clicking on “Post a reply“ below. You are welcome to remain anonymous and your email address will not be posted.